Thursday, January 22, 2009

Back on the air!

So, after a 2o year absence, I am back on the air. My setup is not ideal being that I live in one of those awesome communities that are ruled by a set of CC&Rs that tend to choke any and all inspiration of you - but hey, I chose to live here, right? So, the antenna situation is not ideal.

To top it off, my radio shack is actually a "radio closet" - literally - complete with hanging clothes, shoes and other rarely worn articles of clothing. Fortunately, my desire to operate is greater than my frustration at my lack of space in the tiny little house that I own. (Think housing bubble.)

Pictures of the antennas and radio closet will be coming soon.

With all the complaints out of the way, I can say that I am very happy with the performance of my modest setup. I have a Kenwood TS-570 and a Hustler verical mounted on the ground - well, at least when the sun isn't up. ;-) Since finally powering-up the other day I have worked JA1NUT and YB4IR on 40m CW.

Anyway, more to come.

73,

Paul - ND8N
Tucson, AZ

No comments:

Post a Comment